Bumper Barsaat Contest T&C
Terms and Conditions
I. Acceptance Of Policies
Please read this document carefully (“Terms and Conditions”) before participating in the contest titled ‘BUMPER BARSAAT CONTEST’ (“Contest”) conducted by Shemaroo Entertainment Limited (“Shemaroo/Us/We”) and hosted on the channel ‘ShemarooTV’ (“Channel”). By participating in the Contest, the participant agrees to be bound by these Terms & Conditions and represents that the participant satisfies all of the eligibility requirements set out herein below and adheres to the policies, rules and regulations. The participant hereby acknowledges that he / she has fully read these Terms and Conditions voluntarily, without coercion or any undue influence on the part of Shemaroo and with complete understanding. In case the participant does not agree to be bound or cannot comply with any of the Terms & Conditions, please do not continue to submit any information and/or visit this section of the Channel. The participant’s failure to comply with the provisions of these Terms & Conditions will disqualify him / her from participating in the Contest. The decision of Shemaroo for all matters relating to participation shall be final and binding in all respects.
The Contest shall be conducted on daily basis from 25th July, 2020 and conclude on 3rd August, 2020 (both dates inclusive) (“Contest Period”). The Contest shall be run on the Channel between 07:30 PM and 09:30 PM each day of the Contest Period. Winner of the respective daily Contest will be announced on the subsequent day on the Channel.
These Terms and Conditions govern the participation in this Contest, organized and conducted by Shemaroo. The participant(s) agrees and confirms that the participant has voluntarily participated in the Contest and has submitted the Entry / Entries (as defined below) subject to the unconditional acceptance to comply with and abide by the Terms and Conditions and the participant is eligible as per the rules of the Contest for participation as listed herein below. Failure to accept or comply with the provisions of these Terms & Conditions will disqualify any participation in the Contest. By proceeding further, the participant are representing to Shemaroo that their participation in the Contest is in compliance with all laws applicable and that they are not in any manner prohibited from participating herein by any law. Failure or non-compliance with the provisions of these Terms & Conditions by any individual participating in any Quiz will disqualify any participation in the Contest.
These Terms and Conditions shall be irrevocably binding on each participant(s) voluntarily participating in the Contest. The Participants may be required to provide basic personal information about themselves including but not limited to Participant’s name, address, telephone number or mobile number and email address (“Data”) in order to register and participate in the Contest. The information provided by the Participants may be used by Shemaroo for internal purposes and to send to the Participants promotional information pertaining to future contests, promotional information, etc. By participation in the Contest, the participant(s) hereby consents to the collection, storage, disclosure, processing, transfer of and sharing of the personal information and Data by Shemaroo, its affiliates, and designated third parties.
By participating in this Contest, it is deemed that the participant(s) has read, understood, accepted and agreed to irrevocably and unconditionally abide by and be bound by all the terms and conditions of the Contest, including these Terms and Conditions. If the participant(s) do not agree to be bound by or cannot comply with any of these Terms and Conditions, please do not continue. The participant(s) failure to accept or comply with the provisions of these Terms and Conditions will disqualify the Participant from participating in the Contest. The decision of Shemaroo for all matters relating to your participation shall be final and binding in all respects. The Contest shall be governed by the Terms and Conditions stated herein below and all participant(s) are requested herein to unconditionally accept and agree to comply with and abide by the same.
II. Contest Rules
A) Eligibility Criteria
1. The Contest is open only to Indian citizens, residing in India. Citizens and/or residents of countries are not eligible to participate.
2. The Participants must be adults having attained the age of eighteen (18) years to participate in the Contest as on the date of the Contest:
B) Daily Contest
The Contest shall be conducted daily during the programs “Devon Ke Dev…Mahadev”, “Ghar Ek Sapna” and “Dil Se Di Dua…Saubhagyavati Bhava” (collectively referred to as “Programs”)on the Channel between 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm.
1. Three (3) questions will be flashed on the Channel during the Programs. For each of the questions asked during the Contest, options will be provided to the Participants.
2. The Participants are required to choose the correct answer from the options provided and send a SMS on the given number. Answer will have to be in the format shown along with the question. e.g.
Devon Ke Dev…Mahadev MAHA 1, MAHA 2
Ghar Ek Sapna GHAR 1, GHAR 2
Dil Se Di Dua Saubhagyvati Bhava DIL 1, DIL 2
3. Participants who answer correctly all or any of the three (3) daily questions stand to win the prize.
C) Selection & Shortlisting Process
• Participants with the correct answer(s) will be shortlisted for further selection for the daily contest. 3 winners will be selected for each of the daily Contest: one winner for each of the 3 questions.
• In addition to these daily winners, there will be 5 lucky winners in this 10-day long Contest who will win a bumper prize.
• In case there are more than one Participant with all correct answers then one winner will be selected based on random selection method.
• Right to disqualify and winner selection is at the sole discretion of Shemaroo. Any decision taken by Shemaroo related to the Contest cannot be challenged by any of the participant.
D) Winner Announcement
Winner for each of the daily Content will be announced on the subsequent day between 07:30 PM and 09:30 PM.
• Shemaroo is not obliged to make the selection process public to all the participants.
• Winner will be communicated via an e-mail, App push notification or any other mode of communication possible.
• Communication will completely be dependent on the details shared by the user by updating his/her profile.
• Shemaroo will try to communicate via available information provided by the user.
E) Details of Prize
Daily, 3 winners will be selected who will get one (1) Kenstar Senator SS MG mixer-grinder each and the 5 lucky winners will get Honda Unicorn 150 cc bike/Honda Activa scooter each as a bumper prize.
Upon selection of winner, Shemaroo shall make a maximum of 2 (two) attempts to contact the Winner via call or email. Shemaroo shall not be held liable, despite Shemaroo’s best efforts, in the event the provided mobile numbers/email Id is unreachable/not replied due to the following reasons including but not limited to: 1) Email ID or phone number provided by the Participant is incorrect. 2) Email ID belongs to a person other than the Participant 3) Mobile number answered but individual answering refuses to acknowledge Shemaroo, the Contest and/or any relation thereto. 4) Any other reason the Email ID or any other contact details provided by which Participant cannot be contacted.
The winner will be required to provide a self-attested copy of the following documents to Shemaroo prior to collection of the Prize.
1. Copy of PAN Card;
2. Copy of Aadhar Card;
Shemaroo may ask for such additional information/ documents from the winner which the winner will provide as required.
Post receipt and verification of documents and confirmation of the winner, the winner shall intimated as to the method of collection of the Prize. It is hereby clarified that all expenses in relation to availing the benefit of the Prize shall be borne entirely by the winner and Shemaroo shall in no manner be responsible for the same.
*All Prize shall be disbursed after deduction of taxes upfront as per the tax rates prevalent at the time of disbursements under applicable law.
• Shemaroo shall not be responsible if the delivery of the Prize is not possible due to reasons including but not limited to incorrect mobile phone number/email address provided by the Participant, etc. Further, Shemaroo shall not be responsible or liable for any technical disruption and/or failure and/ or any other difficulties of such nature, due to which the winner is unreachable or any technical disruption and/or failure and/or any other difficulties of such nature, due to which Shemaroo is unable to intimate the winner. Shemaroo reserves the right to recover the Prize from a winner, as deemed fit by Shemaroo, in case of any violation of these Terms and Conditions or other policies of the Channel.
• Failure to provide any proof or requested information including but not limited to KYC or documents, within the timelines as may be communicated by Shemaroo to the selected participant(s), could result in Prize forfeiture. Shemaroo also reserves the right to forfeit the Prize in case where a discrepancy is found to exist in the information furnished/provided by the winning participant.
• Shemaroo shall deliver via courier the Prize(s) to the winner within 45 (forty five) days of the receipt and verification of documents and confirmation of the winner by Shemaroo. The Participants hereby confirm and acknowledge that the responsibility of Shemaroo shall be limited to dispatch of the Prize via a courier. Shemaroo shall not be held liable or responsible in any manner whatsoever if the Prize does not reach the winner for any reasons whatsoever.
• The winner agrees and confirms that the Prize so awarded by Shemaroo shall be the sole gratification/prize pursuant to the winner participating and winning in the Contest, as the case may be, and that the winner shall not be entitled to any further gratification at any time. It is clarified that the Prize is non-transferable and may not be exchanged in any manner or for any reason whatsoever. If the Prize is not claimed or otherwise within the stipulated timelines as mentioned under these Terms and Conditions, the Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner, unless otherwise stated, at Shemaroo’s sole discretion.
• In the event the winner does not accept or agree to the terms as stated herein, the Prize shall remain with Shemaroo, who on its own discretion may offer the same to the next eligible winner. For the purpose of clarity, no alternative prize will be given to the winner.
• Shemaroo will not entertain any requests or claims to check/audit/challenge the logic of factors relevant for determining the shortlisted participant(s)/winner for any Contest.
• Shemaroo reserves the right to add or modify the Prize(s) at its sole discretion. The participant shall not be permitted to question or challenge any such revision. The winner agrees that he/she shall not hold Shemaroo and/or its employees, responsible for delays or any problem in connection to the Prize. The winner agrees that if due to any reason, whatsoever, beyond the control of Shemaroo, the Prize and/or anything in connection to the Prize and/or the enjoyment of the Prize becomes ineffective or invalid, Shemaroo cannot be held responsible and/or liable for the same. All and any incidental costs direct and/or indirect, applicable taxes, in relation to the Prize, shall be borne solely by the winner and in no manner whatsoever shall Shemaroo, be responsible or liable for the same in any manner whatsoever.
• Shemaroo shall only be responsible in respect of withholding taxes (if any) applicable on the Prizes (which is equivalent to the expense/cost of the Prizes borne by Shemaroo), as per the laws of India. All taxes on income shall be the responsibility of and shall be borne by the respective winners. It is clarified that Shemaroo will furnish a Withholding Tax Certificate to the respective winner for such amount deducted as per the prescribed timeliness under the applicable laws.
• Shemaroo is in no manner whatsoever responsible and/or shall not be held liable in any manner whatsoever, for any injury, loss, outrage, dissatisfaction, death, mental trauma caused to the participant(s) and/or the winner in any manner whatsoever or for any reason whatsoever in connection to the Contest and/or Prize.
• Shemaroo reserves the right to forfeit the Prize in the event it is found by Shemaroo that any information including but not limited to Data provided by the participant(s) and/or the winner is wrong, fraudulent or any misrepresentation is made by the participant(s) and/or the winner. It is clarified that Shemaroo shall not be obligated to select another shortlisted participant(s) as the winner and the Prize that was to be granted to such winner shall stand forfeited.
• For avoidance of doubt it is clarified that for the purpose of participating in the Contest, in case a Participant(s) is found indulging in spam acts, he/she shall stand disqualified from participating in the Contest.
• FORCE MAJEURE:
This Contest is subject to force majeure circumstances including without limitation, floods, natural disasters, pandemic, epidemic, war, act of terror, political unrests, technical snags, act of God or any circumstance beyond the reasonable control of Shemaroo (“Force Majeure Event”). Shemaroo shall be not liable for any delay or adverse effect caused to the participants in the Contest including the winners as a result of a Force Majeure Event.
• PUBLICITY RELEASE:
By participating in the Contest, you give Shemaroo and/or its affiliates permission to use your name, likeness, image, voice, and / or appearance as such may be embodied in any pictures, photos, video recordings, audiotapes, digital images, and the like, taken or made in relation to the Contest and any promotions, events, or contests to follow. You agree that Shemaroo and / or its affiliates has the right to publish your saved item details for any communication, promotions, events, or contests that follow. You agree that Shemaroo and / or its affiliates has complete ownership of such pictures, etc., including the entire copyright, and may use them for any purpose. These uses include, but are not limited to illustrations, bulletins, exhibitions, videotapes, reprints, reproductions, publications, advertisements, and any promotional or educational materials in any medium now known or later developed, including the internet. You acknowledge that you will not receive any compensation, etc. for the use of such pictures, etc., and hereby release Shemaroo and/or its affiliates and its agents and assigns from any and all claims which arise out of or are in any way connected with such use. You give your consent to Shemaroo and / or its affiliates and its agents and assigns to use your name and likeness to promote the Contest and any promotions, events, or contests to follow.
• LIABILITY RELEASE:
This Contest is being made purely on a “best effort” basis and participating in this Contest is voluntary. By participating in the Contest, you will be legally bound hereby, to release from liability, and hold harmless Shemaroo, its affiliates and any of their employees, directors, agents, representatives or successor and its services for any matters in relation to this Contest, including the Prize and/or benefits. This release is for any and all liability for personal injuries (including death), property loss or damage, and misuse of the Prizes offered under this Contest, in connection with any activity or directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, or participation in the Contest, even if caused or contributed to by Shemaroo’s negligence. By participating in this Contest, you agree to bear all the personal taxation that might arise out of the winnings from this Contest and shall not hold Shemaroo responsible for payment of the same and / or any dispute arising in relation thereof.